I’ve been eating the same thing all week for all 3 meals. Boring? Nope, delicious! Have a look:
The recipe for the Taco Bake is HERE, and the BB (Black bean) Sriracha sauce is HERE. Instead of making it with the veggie pasta (like on the recipe link), I’ve just been eating it over brown rice or quinoa and then adding red peppers and scallions.
Oh, and that Pocketfuel Chocolate Espresso Almond Butter “gel” is fantastic! Of course it does contain 3 of my favorite things ;)
I haven’t yet determined if it actually helps with energy because my weekday runs are only 35 – 45 minutes, but it still makes for a delicious snack! Hahaha!
And speaking of running, here’s how this week has gone so far:
- Monday: 3.5 mile easy/recovery run
- Tuesday: for CT I did a 2.8 mile brisk walk
- Wednesday: Speed work. I did 1:2 intervals x10 (3.69 miles)
- Thursday: 35 minutes easy run (3.59 miles)
- Friday: today is a 3 mile tempo run. Will probably do 4 between warm up and cool down, depending on how my tummy is in a couple hours when I go…
I’ve been wearing the Kinvara 5s all week. They’ve definitely moved to the #1 spot on my rotation list. And not only because I’m too lazy to switch the foot pod ;) They are light-weight, comfy/springy, have great arch support, and are wide enough for my fat little feet (unfortunately, the NB Zantes are just a bit too narrow). They’ve worked well for hills, speed-work, and the long run.
And that’s about it for now from this end. Hope y’all are having a happy Friday!