I ran 41.25 miles last week! No wonder I’m exhausted ;)
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: Speed-work (quarter-mile repeats) NB Zante
- Wednesday: Easy run (4:1 jog/run intervals) Kinvara 5
- Thursday: Hills (Level 3) Launch 2
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: 22-mile LSR. I overheated and had to quit at 18.54 miles (:30/:30 intervals – Zante), but after a gallon of water, some food, and a shower I was able to finish up (4.01 miles – PF2) on the treadmill.
- Sunday: Recovery run (:30/:30 intervals – super slow because of the heat) Ghost 6 for 1 mile, then Newton Distance IV for 7.56
Still working out shoe issues. It turns out the Zante are only going to work for (up to) half marathon distance. After that they started rubbing on the tops of 3 of my toes, but only on my left foot.
The Ghost 6 immediately (in less than 1 mile) caused their usual blister – I think they’re too wide and my foot slides around too much in them, even laced up tighter. Again though, only on my left foot.
*My left foot is smaller than my right, by almost a full size. Pretty sure that’s why most, if not all of my issues are only with the left foot. I buy my shoes to fit my right foot. This is also why I consistently end up back in the PF 2s – I have them in 2 different sizes, so they always fit both feet ;) When (if) I find a new go-to shoe, I’ll do the same thing, but so far that hasn’t happened. Boo.
This morning’s weigh-in was 113.8. I cannot believe that I’m still losing weight during this round of training. Granted, it’s all beans, greens and grains (and I still track everything), but I’m talking single meals that are 800+ calories! I’m not complaining though!