Before I get to the recipe, here’s my usual weekly run summary thingamabob for last week :)
I’m still super proud of my 30+ miles in only 5 days!
Okay, onto the yumminess! This recipe is an adaptation of the Black Bean Loaf from One Green Planet. I kept the beans and oats the same, but changed the rest of it around.
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch (6-8) scallions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- 1 large jar fire-roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (2 peppers)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 Tbsp (low sodium) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used Frontera Tomatillo)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the beans with the cumin and lime juice, then add the oats, garlic, scallions, peppers, Liquid Smoke, soy sauce, chili powder, and half of the salsa. Mix it all together.
- Pour into 1 large or 2 small loaf pans (use parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray), top with the other half of the salsa, and bake for about 40 minutes.
I portioned this into 6 servings with the following nutritional info, per serving: 242 calories, 2g fat, 44g carbs (12g fiber, 4g sugar), and 13g protein.
This was delicious and will definitely be added to the weekly rotation! Hope you enjoy :)
2 thoughts on “Meatless Monday: Mexican no-Meat Loaf”
Yay for a great week of running!! OOoohhhh….that does look tasty :-)
[…] Mexican (no)Meatloaf (I’m going to play around with this recipe to make them into burgers) […]