I really can’t believe I hadn’t already posted this recipe because I eat it almost every day!
Chipotle Black Bean Wraps
- 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Vegenaise
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Chipotle chili powder (Spicy!)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6) – both white and green parts, chopped
- 1 jar (12oz) fire-roasted red peppers, chopped. Reserve about 2 Tbsp of the liquid
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, make the Chipotle sauce by combining the Vegenaise, liquid smoke, Chipotle powder and paprika.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mash the black beans with the lime juice and cumin. Add the Chipotle sauce.
- Add the scallions and roasted red peppers (and liquid) and mix it all together.
- Portion into 4 servings – 1 for each wrap. Wrap ’em up and garnish with cilantro. That’s it.
I also wanted to share that I had a great run today! I resumed my 10k Trainer program with Week 8 Day 1: 5 minute warm up, 28 minute run, and 5 minute cool down. I cranked up my “Long Run” playlist on Spotify and off I went (on the treadmill)…
Instead of running at the same pace for 28 minutes, I steadily increased the pace every 5 minutes. By the time I made it to the cool down, I was pouring buckets of sweat!
I also decided to stop worrying about my shoe dilemma. I do have 3 pairs that I like, plus the PF 2s that I pulled from the “retired” pile. I think I can get a few more miles out of them :) Here’s Lucy modeling with the current rotation:
This morning’s weigh in was 115.8 and here’s what I ate today:
- Brunch: Black Bean Sriracha Pasta with roasted red peppers and salsa
- Dinner: Chipotle Black Bean Wrap with Minute brand Whole Grain Medley