Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I took it easy on Saturday- caught up on my DVR’d shows from the week, and then spent a few hours in the kitchen, making a couple of my regular recipes (Black Bean and Sriracha Pasta, and BBQ Black Bean and Quinoa burgers), and testing out a couple new ones. One was just “meh,” but the other, a side dish I’m calling Fiesta Corn, came out really good!
- 4 cups corn (I used a combination of sweet white and sweet yellow, frozen but thawed)
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance buttery spread, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Vegenaise
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash extra spicy seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt 1/2 the Tbsp of Earth Balance in a large skillet then saute the corn until it starts to brown. Then pour the corn into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the other 1/2 Tbsp of Earth Balance and saute the onion, garlic, and jalapeno until it all starts to brown. Then add it to the bowl of corn.
- Add the roasted red peppers, green chilies, Vegenaise, and spices. Stir to combine.
- Pour into PAM-sprayed (or parchment lined) baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
I portioned this into 4 servings with the following nutritional info:
My running is also going really well! This last week was Week 5 of C25k:
- Day 1 (Wednesday 11/12/14): 3.25 miles in 31:08
- Day 2 (Thursday 11/13/14): 3.33 miles in 31:00
- Day 3 (Friday 11/14/14): 3.37 miles in 30:00
And for my long run yesterday I did all 3 days of week 5 consecutively, and then added a couple minutes at the end to hit 10 miles (1:36:49). All running this week was done via treadmill, in Brooks PureFlow 2.
I’m happy to report that I’m back down to 117.8 as of this morning! I have been adamant about tracking everything that goes into my mouth for about 2 weeks now, and it’s definitely been helping! I was going back and forth between My Fitness Pal and SparkPeople, but have once again decided that SparkPeople works best for me, especially since all my “regular” foods are already saved there.
And that’s about it from this end. Have a great week everyone!