Today’s recipe is inspired by Happy Herbivore. I’ve been bookmarking recipes to try out of her new “Light and Lean” cookbook, which I am just loving so far! Today I did my own variations of two of the recipes. The first one, Ginger Cabbage, I wasn’t crazy about. The sauce was delicious, but I didn’t care for the cabbage at all.
This wrap, however, is one of my new favorites! I changed the recipe around quite a bit to make it my own, so I think it’s okay for me to share it.
Spicy BBQ Spinach Wrap
- 1 wrap (I use Tumaro’s low-carb 60 calorie whole grain)
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp sliced black olives
- 3 Tbsp BBQ sauce (I use Weber’s Kick’n Hot)
- Smear 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce on the wrap
- In a separate bowl, combine the spinach, corn, tomatoes, olives, and other 2 Tbsp of BBQ sauce
- Spread the spinach mixture in the wrap, roll it up, and enjoy!
No running today. I have a small blister underneath the big toe on my left foot which is more annoying than painful, but bothersome enough for me to take a rest day. I did get in 20 miles between Monday and Friday so I’m good with that :)
2 thoughts on “Spicy BBQ Spinach Wrap”
My wife and I love making wraps. Typically, we use deli, cheese, spinach, hummus or pesto sauce, tomatoes, and mushrooms. It varies a lot. I will have to give this a try! :)
I bet mushrooms would be excellent in this also! Definitely let me know how you like it!