I meant to post this yesterday, for Meatless Monday, but then I went back and forth with myself whether to post it at all. I don’t necessarily have an issue with posting dessert recipes, but I try to make them at least somewhat healthy. This recipe is nowhere near even resembling healthy. Each cookie is about 165 calories! But OMG are these cookies delicious! And hey, it’s the holidays ;)
Seriously though, you could easily get 2 dozen cookies out of this batter. I just choose to make monster-sized cookies and then hope to not eat as many. Not that that usually works, haha! These cookies are the reason I run!
Best Ever Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life mini chips – Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl whisk together the flax and water (this makes a fake egg).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flax “egg” and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine well.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. I suggest not putting more than about 12 per sheet as they will definitely spread!
- Slightly press down with fork into criss-cross pattern (optional)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Try to let cool for at least 10 minutes or they will be really gooey (not that that’s a bad thing!)
Here’s the bad news:
6 thoughts on “Meatless Monday: Best Ever Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I wish I could eat something like this, but it would just set me off and I’d be eating everything in the house. They sure do look delicious. :)
I hear you Caron. I have to be careful with recipes like this because I can definitely go overboard. I’ll eat 2 or 3, hubby will eat 2 or 3, and the rest will go to work with me tomorrow so they are out of the house!
Oh man, I made cookies today too. I wish I had seen this recipe earlier, because I definitely would have given these a try. Next time… thanks for sharing!
Hi Emily! I just went and looked at yours, and they look delicious too! Thanks for stopping by!
mmmmmm – Those look delicious! I might have to try these out for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!
You’re welcome! They are sooooo delicious! Thanks for stopping by :)