As promised, I’m skipping Wordless Wednesday this week so I can share this yummy recipe :)
Note: These picture are terrible. Please don’t let them deter you from trying this recipe. They came out fantastic!
Spicy Baked Falafel “Burgers”
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 (15oz) cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- handful of cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Chipotle (or any hot/spicy) chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- Preheat oven to 400* F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Put all ingredients in food processor and blend/pulse until well combined
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, then form into 6-8 patties.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip gently and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of bun/wrap and toppings/condiments.
Note: I made 6 burgers but they are so huge that next time I think I’ll make 8 instead.
Here’s the nutritional info per burger if you make 6: 218 calories, 3g fat, 39.5g carbs (7.8g fiber, 1.2g sugar) and 8.9g protein
And per burger if you make 8: 163.5 calories, 2.3g fat, 29.6g carbs (5.8g fiber, .9g sugar) and 6.7g protein
4 thoughts on “Spicy Baked Falafel Burgers”
I love falafel, these look soo good! Thanks! :)
Thanks :) Falafel is new to me – I can’t believe I had never tried it before – yum!
Sounds really tasty this recipe. Thanks for posting.