Almost 40 miles last week:
- Monday 9/15: 3.5 miles easy/recovery + 1.85 walked w/Lucy
- Tuesday 9/16: 1.7 walked w/Lucy (rest day)
- Wednesday 9/17: 4 mile tempo run + 1.7 walked w/Lucy
- Thursday 9/18: 30 minutes slow/easy (2.62 miles) +1.6 walked w/Lucy
- Friday 9/19: 40 min steady run (4.13 miles) + 1.5 walked w/Lucy
- Saturday 9/20: 2.5 walked w/Lucy (rest day)
- Sunday 9/21: 12.52 miles LSD + 2.1 walked w/Lucy
Yesterday’s long run was the most painful run I’ve ever had in my life! All was going well – I was doing 1:30/:30 intervals and keeping my mile pace between 10:30-11:00. Until about 7 miles in and my feet started to hurt. Bad! It was my own fault. I wore my ST Racers, which are great for runs up to 10k. Not so great when I was planning on doing 14. I should have worn the Ghosts. Shoulda, coulda, woulda…
Anyways, I made it 12.52 miles. As soon as I got home I tore off my socks and shoes, filled the bathroom sink with Epsom salt and ice water, and soaked my poor little achy feet. Then I took Lucy for a “cool-down” walk, because I knew if I stopped and sat down, I wasn’t getting back up.
It’s a good thing I did my cooking on Saturday because there’s no way I would have been able to do it last night. Seriously, my feet hurt THAT bad.
And speaking of cooking, here’s my latest for you: Spicy Mexican Chili. Hearty, healthy, and low-fat deliciousness! Let me know if that link doesn’t work and I’ll repost it here on the blog.
One thought on “Last Week’s Training and a Meatless Monday Recipe”
Awww, your poor feet! I hope they’re feeling better today!