Hi everyone! I was going through some of my recipes over the weekend, and found this one that I’d like to share. I know there are several variations of this, but mine tastes the best. Trust me ;)
“Cookie Dough” Hummus
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and peeled
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Add all but the chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (make sure there are no “pieces” of the chickpeas left).
- Pour into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with graham crackers, apple slices, or eat it right off a spoon!
As for the nutrition information, here’s what you get for a 1/4 cup serving (makes 8 servings) because really, who can eat only 2 tbsp?! Calories: 175, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 25g (fiber 3g, sugars 11g), Protein: 4.5g. PointsPlus 5
5 thoughts on “#Meatless Monday! Cookie Dough Hummus”
Oh my gosh, I love cookie dough anything, so this must taste good! Love your blog name! Happy Meatless Monday!
Thanks and Happy Meatless Monday to you Alison! The trick is peeling the chickpeas. It really is worth the extra time it takes!
Cool- good tip! I do that for a vegan cookie recipe that I absolutely love. I agree, it makes the texture smoother.
This sounds amazing – and I can’t believe the ingredients! A must try!
It’s amazing how the other ingredients mask the chickpea taste. Definitely give it a try and let me know what you think!