I named these Hot Cocoa cookies because that’s what they smelled like coming out of the oven. And they taste like it too :) Enjoy!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup (unsweetened) cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I’m sure any non-dairy milk would work)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients (from the flour to the baking powder)
- Make a well in the center and add in the wet ingredients (from the maple syrup to the milk)
- Mix it all together, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of the dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for about 13 minutes.
Makes about 30 cookies.
I don’t have nutritional info on these yet as this was a new experiment. I’ll come back and update once I enter the recipe at Sparkpeople.com. But just in case you couldn’t already tell, they are absolutely, in no way, healthy ;)
*Note: if your dough is too dry, add more milk. If too wet, add more almond flour. I had to keep adding more of each to get it just right so maybe start with 1/4 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup of the milk.