This #meatlessmonday recipe was inspired by the E2 Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the Engine 2 Diet. I changed a few things around and added a few ingredients (including my favorite ingredient- COFFEE!) and voila! Little (well, not so little really) puffy pillows of perfection! And as a bonus, they are under 100 calories each :)
L2 Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Heaping 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp ground Flaxmeal mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Ener-G (egg replacer) mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond (or any non-dairy) milk
- 1/4 cup coffee (cold or at room temperature)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup PB2 (I used 1/4c regular PB2 and 1/4c chocolate PB2)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a few dashes of sea salt
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips/chunks (I used 1/2 cup each- Enjoy Life mini chips and Enjoy Life chocolate chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients from the applesauce to the coffee in one bowl
- Combine ingredients from flour to salt in another bowl
- Slowly mix together the dry with the wet
- Add the chocolate chips, stir.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter (it will be a weird sticky goo but that’s okay!) onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy (with a fresh steaming cup of coffee :))